Thursday 2 April 2015

Scrap Africa Sketch Challenge

It's been a little while between blog posts, I know. However I have been trying to do a bit of creating in the background while keeping up with my extended hours at work. And hopefully with daylight saving about to end here in the land down under, my energy levels and sleeping pattern will return to some kind of normal state. However, life marches on and here we are in April already!

SCRAP AFRICA have a divine new sketch for you to work on over the next few weeks:



Now I could have happily went with a pretty, feminine page for this sketch, but to really challenge myself I decided on masculine.

I love this Smile

I chose do my background in blocks with different stencils for a modern/hand drawn feel. The little wood veneer cogs are from Prima. Some of the labels, Flair and wood veneer title are from Studio Fourteen40.


So as you can see, you can put your own spin on this lovely sketch. And remember that you don't have to create a layout, cards, tags etc. are all welcome. So pop on over to Scrap Africa's blog and check out the wonderful inspo from the other Design Team members.


2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your own spin is just awesome. Love this page Jo, you have rocked it .It is masculine, yet soft (if that makes sense ) You have showcased the beautiful photo perfectly, it really shines
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete