Tuesday 10 December 2013

Special Scrap Case File 365 - 3

Hello everyone! It's very unusual for me to be posting this time of week, but my work hours have changed (again!) and found that I had time today to have a go at the Special Scrap 365-3 over at CSI: Colour,Stories, Inspiration in collaboration with the UK Magazine Scrap 365. I was able to pick up this magazine while on my visit to the UK and it is a lovely magazine - I was pleasantly surprised. This is a monthly challenge which gives one a bit more time to play with it.


What a pretty colour scheme! Not my usual palette but it seemed to flow once I decided on my photo & background paper.


This a lovely old bike we came across in Oxford where there are just as many bikes as there are people, but I guess it's the easiest and cheapest way of getting around in this University town. As you can see it has a lovely cane basket attached full of lovely plants and a pretty pink Cyclamen, which grown wild under the trees over there during Autumn.




I've used a CW stencil and mixed yellow paint with the texture paste. Also a bit of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist on the background. This is my last sheet of Kaiser Base Coat in the brick pattern :(  will have to stock up again because it's so versatile. The pretty little bird is from Craft Queen, it's made out of wood but has a lovely fabric texture to it. The large flower is from Manor House and I'm not quite sure about the smaller flowers as I've had them for ages.

Thanks for dropping by and please feel free to leave a comment if you can :)

3 comments:

  1. I love this layout Jo... the paper, the photo and the beautiful flowers and I love how you used the script stencil. It is amazing. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Jo and what a fantastic photo , perfect for the colour scheme. Love the touches of soft colour against the grey
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Jo and it brings back lovely memories of Oxford where our Son and his partner lived and worked for 3 years. I love the rustic feel of it and gorgeous little sprigged bird...."sigh"

    ReplyDelete