Wednesday 31 October 2012

The Paper Players Challenge #119

Another Hump Day, another challenge. Once again I thought I could just squeeze one more challenge in for this month. This one is for the sketch challenge over at http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com.au/ and you know what a sucker I am for sketches.  Here is the sketch:



 Some fussy cutting & layering on this one and I've used two of my fave colours - Pool Party & Lucky Limeade. This one is for my DD who has just completed her second Uni degree. I'm so proud of her because not only did she complete the Masters Degree in 1 year, but she did it while working full-time, maintaining a distance relationship, doing her duties as the union rep & sitting on various committees as a requirement of her job (outside of working hours of course), organising their impending move to the UK, cooking our meals every night (her's & Michelle Bridges' choice not ours & who are we to argue?) and all while keeping herself fit!!! Talk about burning the candle at both ends! However despite the challenging year she has had, she has another feather in her cap & a well earned extended break to look forward to. 
Anyway, I quite enjoyed this challenge. But I don't really need too much encouragement to pull out my card making gear :)  Thanks for dropping by.



3 comments:

  1. What a pretty card! I love the Lucky Limeade-Pool Party color combo. The embossed panel is a striking backdrop. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Jo! Your colour palette is gorgeous - crisp & refreshing - & the fussy cut flowers are lovely. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players. :)
    Congrats to your daughter too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Jo! I love the color combo and the pop of texture from the embossing. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete