Thursday 31 December 2015

Farewell 2015...

Happy New Year to you all, I hope it is a very healthy and prosperous one for you. I'm looking forward to 2016 and all the new and exciting adventures it may bring. I wanted to upload one last project for the year to share with you. This is a frame that I made for our DD for her new little home and the close ups that I posted a few weeks ago:

I went with a seafoam/mint and soft pink colour scheme. The lovely background pp is from Kaisercraft. This little bird is from Prima as is the die that I used for the leaves.  The wooden heart which I altered is also from Prima.


I had to included a little wooden globe (Kaisercraft) which represents all her travels. I altered it with paint and clear crackle paint then I let some drops of mist run through the cracks. 

The fantastic large chipboard clock is one I've had in my stash forever and I finally found a project to use it on. I gessoed it then added "structure" paste. Once dried I added mists and paint. I then spread some clear glue around and sprinkled on the seed beads.

Here is the finished project. I covered the Kaisercraft wooden "Love" word with a matching subtle glitter paper and some small wooden letters were painted in the same tones. The little white heart on the right lower corner is from Prima. Sorry about the dodgy photo :(


There is a little bit of glare off the glass in this pic. It is a 38x38cm (15x15 inch) frame and 30x30cm (12x12 inch) with the white mat frame inside.

Thanks for looking and I look forward to sharing some more inspo in the new year xx

1 comment:

  1. This sooo looks store bought..... it's fabulous! Love the little globe in there & the colours are YUM!!! See you NEXT YEAR, all being well!!!!

    ReplyDelete