Saturday 26 December 2015

Birthday card inspo...

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas Day. It was the most perfect weather in my neck of the woods; sunshine and mild temperatures (a nice break from the near 40 degree heat of last week). Today, Boxing Day it is raining! Yay! We couldn't ask for a better Christmas present. So rainy weather means a chance to get back to my Creation Station while I have a few days off. I want to share with you a couple of cards that I was asked to create just before Christmas.


The wonderful team at 2 Crafty Chipboard sent me the lovely little chippy "Happy Birthday" circles as part of this prize pack a few months ago. I know, right!!!!  So very generous. Perfect for cards.


For this card I used the Bokeh technique on the background and my favourite Prima skeleton leaf die.
The flowers are from D-lish.


Secondly I want to share with you the most wonderful gift I received from my DS this Christmas. I'm not sure if you follow on FB an Artist by the name of Amanda Brooks, but if not here is a link to her blog: http://www.artbybrooks.com.au/  I've been following her for a while now and admiring her amazing artwork. So this is what was under my Christmas tree this year:


My wonderful Son commissioned an Oil on Canvas painting by Amanda Brooks of my precious princess "China". She did an amazing job capturing those soulful eyes and China's gentle personality, all just from a photograph!


I can't wait to get this piece up on the wall :)  Thanks for dropping by and enjoy the rest of your Christmas break. Travel safe if you are on the road xx


1 comment:

  1. Love your cards....the 2Crafty pack is really generous! And that bokeh card stunning....most of all, adore the photo of your princess with the painting..... & knowing how much you enjoy art. Well, all I can say is that the Tims of the world ROCK!!!!!! Very thoughtful present givers at the very least, I reckon:) Here's to a wonderful 2016, Jo..... bring it on!!!

    ReplyDelete