Friday 1 May 2015

Scrap Africa Sketch Challenge #50

Well hello again fellow crafters!  Finally my "magical May" has rolled around and hopefully I can now get back into some sort of routine with my creating. This new sketch over at SCRAP AFRICA is a real beauty!



I was so excited when I saw this sketch. I love doing feminine pages and I've had this Scrapmatts frame for so long, just waiting for the right project. As it is quite a large frame it took a bit of altering. I used some crackle medium on it to give it a bit of a weathered look (a tad hard to see here in this pic). This photo was taken in London when my girl and I were about to leave for the "Mad Hatter's Tea Party" at the Dorchester. Afterwards we went on to see "Mamma Mia" the stage production. We spent a good part of the afternoon at a local hairdresser being pampered by Romanians/Russians or the like who barely spoke English. They were the slowest hairdressers I've ever experienced! So this is us with our stylish hair and our Glad Rags on, waiting for our little black London taxi to whisk us away :)


The background paper is from the Prima Marketing Inc Romance Novel collection. The title is also by Scrapmatts.


This "You are Loved" flair is from D-lish Scraps.


I really love the little "Big Ben" embellie that my friend Helen Wallace sent me. Thank you Helen, it is perfect for this page!  I encased it inside an altered metal piece to make it stand out. All the flowers are from Prima and the pretty lace is from Stampin' Up!  I can't remember where the lace butterfly is from sorry - it's been in my stash forever.

Please call on over to the Scrap Africa blog and have a go at the new sketch. Until next time... TFL xx

2 comments:

  1. A beautifully soft and elegant page Jo. Sounds like such a special day with your DD. The frame is perfect for your photo. I love the little lace butterfly and the texture on the background. So glad you found a good spot for the Bi Ben embellie :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very special page for a very special day! Sounds like you had a super day being leisurely pampered...then tea party and evening show! A real treat of a day! Love the chippie frame, lace and beautiful blooms! Perfectly gorgeous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete