Friday 1 May 2015

ARTastic May Challenge

May has arrived and so has a brand new challenge from ARTastic.  Jane really had me stumped with this piece of artwork!  After mulling it over for a while I decided that the over-riding inspiration from this piece were the colours in the stars.  This art work is by Sara Beetson titled "The return of the young Prince". The criteria for this challenge is to use STARS.



I was itching to use my Gelatos so I clear embossed a quote onto the cardstock then went all over it with the Gelatos and lots of water. The emboss resist technique worked a treat as you can see the quote through all the colour. I then added some splotches and stamping. I really stepped out of my comfort zone on this very messy page, but it was so much fun and I think it was called for given the theme :)


I really wanted the photo & colours to do all the talking on this page so I kept the embellishment to a minimum. I hand-made these little brightly coloured flowers and the Flair and Tab are from Flutterby Designs. Some of the other elements are from Simple Stories and I used a punch for the stars.
                                     

You can really let yourself get carried away for this challenge and I hope I've given you some inspiration to have a go. Remember that you have a whole month to do this. Thanks for dropping by :)

2 comments:

  1. Stunning, artsy page! Love the colouring....that background so amazing! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the challenge. Great pic and I love all the colour... love those roses and the flairs are awesome.

    ReplyDelete