Wednesday 11 June 2014

Sketchabilities #116

Hi all, I've finally been able to get back here and post a layout that I made for Sketchabilities. I love their sketches and usually check them out but this is the first time I've actually entered. The current sketch was so easy to work with and I had a lot of fun with it.


The first thing that caught my eye was all the layers. As you may or may not know, I'm a fan of Bo Bunny so it was fun to use up some of my stash from the Mamma-Razzi collection.  I also dabbed some Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze onto the metal trinkets from the Trinket Track as well as throwing around a few splatters on the page.


I've used American Crafts Thickers for my title, and inked them up because their original colour just didn't stand out against the background. Quite a few different stamps have been used as well as some washi tape.

It was such beautiful sunny weather last weekend, we decided to drive to a pretty national park just on the outskirts of our town, for a picnic and a hike through the bush. It was so nice to get back to nature for a few hours. Because we haven't had any of our usual heavy frosts here yet, the countryside is still so green and lush and it was such a joy to have wallabies jumping across our path in front of us and having the noisy birdlife watching our every move. There is an actual designated picnic area but we had the whole place to ourselves....sigh.....the serenity :)

Thanks for looking once again. Until next time...

UPDATE:



6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout Jo, love the colour scheme and layers. Glad you got to go on your bushwalk and picnic, they make the best times

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful photo Jo and like you I like the Bo Bunny ranges. These colours look great for the Wintery weather and I like the rusty stamping :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful layout! Love the colours you used! Such an organic feel to it! Thanks for playing along with Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect picture, perfect stamping,, perfect interpretation of the sketch! Thanks for joing us this time at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours on this layout!!!! Makes me feel happy. Thanks for playing along with Sketchabilities

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy, yummy page....the layers are fabulous and the colouring so awesome! These BoBunny papers are certainly super!

    ReplyDelete