Saturday 30 November 2013

CSI Case File #100

I was so chuffed to be asked by Debbi Tehrani over at CSI: Colour, Stories, Inspiration to be a Special Investigator for November and now I can't believe the month has already gone! At first I was quite daunted as there were 5 Challenges for this month and I was about to travel to London in the middle of it all, but Debbi is so organised and gave me the Challenges well in advance so I could at least get the early ones done before I left. I had so much fun doing them that I couldn't wait to get home to complete the remainder of the Case Files. Here is this weeks beauty:


And here is my design:



I've embossed the background pattern using a CW stencil & gold embossing powder then I stamped over it with various background stamps. I also included the entrance ticket from The Royal Mews, tucking it in behind the photo, and I made the little flags myself & stamped several of them.


The Royal Mews is so interesting and I'm so glad we made the effort to visit. I'm not sure if it's on the list for a lot of tourists in London because the day we visited there were only about half a dozen visitors including us. It is home to the staff and their families who look after the Royal carriages, horses and cars. The crafts that they use are handed down through the generations, therefore many of the families have been working and living at The Mews for quite a few generations. I never expected to see this magnificent Coach there and we were totally blown away when we came across it. We could also walk through the stables where the horses are kept (very swanky by horse standards) and we eye-balled all the ceremonial coaches and the stories behind them. If you ever visit London it is worth the 8 pound entrance fee. It's tucked in behind Buckingham Palace with the entrance being on Buckingham Palace Road.

So go on over CSI and have a go at this weeks Case File - lots of fun to be had :)  Until next time, happy creating!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Jo. It sounds interesting to go there, we never did :( Can't wait to hear all about your latest adventure and all the travel pages that you will be scrapping :)
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly didn't see it when I was over there so I have made a note for the next time I am over there. I love all the gold on the layout. So royal looking. That chandelier is beautiful and so clever to put gold light bulbs in. It has been so great seeing your layouts as a GD here this month... love your layouts.

    ReplyDelete