Saturday 5 October 2013

Orange Paperie & Co October Challenge

Hello everyone, I hope you are going to have a fantastic long weekend. The weather is predicted to be a bit better than the last few days so fingers crossed. We have the most amazingly, talented lady joining us as our Guest Designer over at Orange Paperie & Co this month. I urge you to pop on over and check out Heather's wonderful work.

Cheryl has set the challenge this month - BLACK + WHITE + A SPLASH OF COLOUR. Very easy and you can really let your creativity go wild with this one. Here is my inspo:


And a couple of closies of my journalling which I've taken from the song "Feed the birds" from the Mary Poppins movie, a bit of tear-jerker I know.



I've used the brilliant blue sky from the photo (thanks Steve Hill for the pic) for my splash of colour. The background was created using texture paste and an embossing folder, a technique taught to me by the talented Kim Ewins. I've added some stamping and inking, some lovely little embellies, washi tape & fabric from Craft Queen and the little bird is from Prima.  So call into the Orange Paperie & Co blog and check out this month's challenge - so much fun to be had!

Thanks for calling in again. xx


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous Jo...love that embossing folder technique....I want to try that soon. Your black with pops of blue work so well with the stunning photo and I love that song, tear jerker not withstanding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Jo , your background looks fantastic and love the pic and all the lovely little touches you have added

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I need to go and have a look at that embossing technique... Love Kim's work too... The photo you used is just gorgeous and the blue is so vivid. I love beautiful churches and this photo works so well for your layout. The background paper is amazing and the touches of blue lovely. The look you created is perfect for your pic. Love this. I am nearly done with my layout for this challenge :D

    ReplyDelete