Sunday 19 June 2016

ARTastic June Challenge

Hello again. We're having a beautifully wet Sunday in my part of the World, a perfect day for creating. After studying for the last 9 or so months I have finally finished and have time to get back to entering a few challenges plus lots of catch up scrapbooking to be done. Today I'm sharing a layout I have entered into this month's challenge at ARTastic. I thought this challenge would be a good way to ease myself back into the swing of things, because the criteria is Black, White plus one other colour and here is the inspirational piece of art work by Anna Collins.



I just love those green eyes! However I went with blue as my "other colour" plus I have used the Paper Flourish June Kit Club for this layout as well.


 Sorry about the dodgy photo - our weather isn't conducive to photography this weekend. It's a bit hard to see here but I have used the Kaisercraft "Script" stamp (also included in this Kit) on the background.


A bit of layering as well, but overall a very quick and easy page. What I wouldn't give to back at this Resort right now! ....sigh!  Anyway if you are looking for a quick and easy project pop on over to ARTastic's blog and check it out.   Thanks for dropping by xx

14 comments:

  1. A lovely Clean and simple page - perfect for the relaxing photo. Nothing quite like Byron to de-stress and unwind :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...this was really cool and pretty! I love it...love your numbers under the photo....your design, your photo askance. Great work! Thanks a lot for joining us at ARTastic! Hope to see you again next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous page so clean and crisp. Love it. Thank you so much for joining us this month at ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I really like your take on the challenge. The black and white with that photo is just lovely. I will get back to pages one day too :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's beautiful- you've captured the serenity really well & the numbers as matting look great!! Lovely to have you both scrapping AND joining in with us at ARTASTIC as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely page. The background numbers really make your photo pop. Also wonderful to see you back to crafting and joining us at ARTastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea of using '2016' as a background!! A really lovely layout! Thanks for joining our challenge at ARTastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout. I love the layered die cuts behind the photo and the subtle stamping details. Thanks for playing along with the ARTastic challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic and clever background to mat your lovely photo Jo. You have scrapped this beautifully, really made the photo shine. Snow here yesterday , so I would love to be on that beach right now as well !
    Thank you for sharing your gorgeous layout and joining in at ARTastic this month
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A simple page but so effective, I love it. What a great idea to use the year as a background to your photo. Winter has set in over my way to and it certainly makes it cosy for crafting :-).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful multi-layered and shabby! Nice layout!
    Thanks for playing along with the ARTastic challenge this month

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, I really like that word paper across the top. Thanks for creating with us at ARTastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is sooo cool!! Love the numbers under the pic. Thanks for sharing with us at ARTastic Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your interpretation is so inspring! Love it! Thanks for joining us at ARTastic!

    ReplyDelete