Wednesday 21 October 2015

Scrap Africa #61

October is flying by and before I know it there is another wonderful mood board to work with over at SCRAP AFRICA.  I'm sure you'll love this bright and pretty Board.


Here is my Design Team Inspiration: "Cambridge"


I really loved working with these colours. I've used the Botanical Tea papers from Graphic 45 and a bit of chippy in a brick design as well as a brick stencil and texture paste.

I fussy cut a rose from one of the G45 sheets, cut some leaves with a die and used 3D foam to mount them. I really hope you get a chance to play along with this beautiful challenge.

While I'm here, I'd also like to share with you another page from my London Pocket Page Album. I had a night shot of Tower Bridge/HMS Belfast enlarged and then I sliced it up to fit the pockets. I was really happy with the way it turned out. Especially the quality of the enlargement, because I took the original photo on my trusty little point-and-shoot camera with no tripod!


The very top of the enlargement was a bit too short to fully fit the top pockets, and it was only black sky anyway, so I cut it off and inserted two 6x4 photos that were taken on the same night. This is one of my favourite ways of displaying my favourite photos as enlargements in my travel albums :)

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you, so feel free to leave some love :) xx

4 comments:

  1. That page is soooo pretty. So is the challenge. But I'm staying strong;) I really like the banner bits behind the photo. And your london photo is AMAZING.... cannot believe you took it on a little camera....& it looks great cut up like this! VERY nice:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo... slowly catching up with all my fave blogs. That top layout is just beautiful and shabbylicious. Love those colours and the photo is lovely. My fave is the pocket page and what a great way to use an enlargement. So stealing that idea. I am going to get into PL now I have just thousands of photos to scrap and this is such a great way to use loads of them. I just love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty mood board and you have scrapped it beautifully. I love those die cut leaves and your PL wow! Love the way you have enlarged that amazing photo and cut it to fit the pockets, super , duper , amazing
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both projects are fabulous! Love the pretty layout and all the layers! Your pocket page is amazing! Love how you cut and pieced the photos!

    ReplyDelete