Saturday 1 August 2015

Another FANtastic ARTastic challenge...

Hello everyone on this first day of August! I'm glad you found the time to drop by and check out my inspo for the new challenge over at ARTastic.  This piece of artwork by Kirra Jamison titled "Over the Moon" is one of my favourite challenges because it includes my favourite bird. This time I wanted to have a go at hand drawing and include it in my Art Journal. But first here is the inspirational art work:


Very cute I must say! And here is my art work with a first attempt at a hand-drawn owl:


I layered strips of paper on the background and then laid down some Gesso. I then went to town with my inks, sprays, texture paste, well you name it, I used it! :)  I even managed to use some old crocheted pieces which I sprayed and painted.


I may go back and colour my owl with water colours later on, but I'm not confident enough yet to do it. I used charcoal pencils for drawing and outlined him with Faber-Castell Big Brush pen in black.


I used "Structure" mixed with yellow paint for the moon/sun rays (using a Tim Holtz stencil) and a star stencil. Once again I had a lot of fun getting messy with this project. If you're not sure where to start with this challenge, pop on over to the ARTastic blog and check out all the lovely inspo from my fellow DT members. There will be new inspiration during the month from the other half of the Team as well. I really hope you can join in. Thanks for looking xx

1 comment:

  1. Wow look at you , you clever girl hand drawing the owl and it looks fabulous. Love the sun ray as well.
    Packing for Mojo is still doing my head in :|

    ReplyDelete