Friday 3 July 2015

ARTastic July Challenge

Hello folks! Sorry it's been a while between posts. June just slipped by without me noticing :( I want to share with you the fantastic new challenge over at ARTastic.  I really love this painting by Shirley Charlton called "Umbrellas, wet street".


Criteria: to use water (liquid) in some way on your page (ink, sprays, gelatos, water down paint etc).
I was inspired to use a lovely mist by Heidi Swapp called Seafoam and a Stampin' Up! ink called Pistachio Pudding (great name!). I used it to spray a little, spread splatts around and also I dabbed a wet paint brush into the bottle to colour in some of the hexagons. I used texture paste mixed with black paint for the background.



Here is a closie of my journalling and some of the misting & inking.


So as you can see this can be a really fun challenge. Just let your creativity take over and let your mind run free with some liquid, it's great fun! Hope to see your work over at ARTastic :) TFL.
PS. KEEP AN EYE OUT VERY SOON FOR MY TECHNIQUE TUTORIAL AT ARTastic.

2 comments:

  1. How can I not love this. Such a pull at the heart strings photo and I love your title and journalling . Hexagons look amazing and all the little bits that make it special , like the my princess chippy. Flair is perfect and I love the paint drips. Fab layout Jo
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jo! I received your beautiful gift today, thank you very much, i love all you sent me!!!See you soon for another challenge!

    ReplyDelete