Sunday, 17 May 2015

A little bit of creativeness...

So this weekend I wanted to try my hand at decorating the front cover to my new Art Journal. It is so therapeutic getting my hands inky & messy - I loved every minute of it :)

I started with a 20cm x 25cm piece of chipboard that already had a subtle chevron pattern in it. I then covered it in Gesso & selected my colour scheme & design. I found some chippy letters and covered them in Structure paste. I also used Structure paste to stencil a cog design onto the background.

I chose lots of metal trinkets, buttons & flowers etc. from my stash (a great way to use up old embellies) & arranged them until I was happy with the placement & hot glued them all into place. I then Gessoed over the top of it all, fiddled with the colour combo, added some stamping & pearls for the flower centres.

I can't remember the last time I had so much fun creating something from scratch. I just sprayed & stamped the back cover to match, so now my Art Journal is ready to go. Here is the end result:

I am now doing a "make-over" of a couple of canvases that I have in our family room & I'm looking forward to making few more smaller canvases with mixed media.  Thanks for looking :)


  1. This looks amazing Jo! Love all that wonderful texture and great colors too!

  2. Wow Jo!! totally amazing. You make it sound so easy to do

  3. Love this, looks fabulous . Love the texture , colours , everything !