Once I worked out the pattern it came together relatively quickly. The fiddliest part was deciding on the embellishments, placement, fussy cutting and glueing. The cute little wooden buttons are from Craft Queen. The lovely cream cabochen roses I can't even remember where they are from, because I've had them for so long. All the other buttons & pp are from Stampin' Up!. I stamped and fussy cut the little owls from the Stampin' Up! set "Aviary" - one of my favourites, and I added some little goggly eyes and mounted the owls with 3D foam. Here is a closie:
Sunday, 12 April 2015
Nursery Wall Art...
I'm back again today to share with you a piece of wall art that I created for a lovely couple who are about to be first time parents. This is a technique I've been wanting to try for quite a while and it's a great way to use up lots of bits and pieces that I've had in my stash. The outside of this frame is approximately 11" x 11". I tried to keep it as gender-neutral as possible.
I chose some old chippie "ABC" letters and wrapped them in embroidery cotton. This was such a fun little project that I can't wait to make another one in the near future. It would be fun to make one specifically for a boy or girl. Anyway, thanks for looking and I hope I've inspired you to try this technique yourself, either within a frame as wall art or on your next scrapbook layout. Have a great week!