Sunday 6 July 2014

D-lish Scraps Cybercrop Challenge #3

I finished this one just in time for lunch. Challenge #3 at D-lish Scraps cybercrop is to use 5 different types of flowers. Seeing as I didn't use any flowers at all on the last 2 challenges, I was really in the mood for some pretty stuff.


I've been dying to use the Kaisercraft "Close to my heart" collection, so when I received this photo I knew straight away that I would try & introduce them :) I've used quite a few different flowers & I've even fussy cut some matching paper flowers at the bottom of the photo. I love that I have so many wonderful photos to work with these days.



For those of you who haven't heard about  the "Blitz Parties" in London (I hadn't until a few months ago) it is an event where everyone dresses in authentic 1940s outfits, it is held in an old tube station/bomb shelter, where it is decorated just like a 1940s bar (e.g. sand bags, smoke/fog, bunting etc etc), you are entertained by 1940s bands and they have old 40s newsreels being shown on the walls. DD was so excited to have had the chance to attend one of these parties and she reports that she honestly thought that they'd "stepped back in time". Everything was so authentic that she felt like she was living in London during the war - minus the bombs & rationing of course! I couldn't wait to scrap this photo. Hopefully I'll be back this afternoon with the next cybercrop challenge. TFL xx

4 comments:

  1. Toot toot Jo, just gorgeous!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun, I've never heard of this. Love the hairstyles from that era and your page is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this Jo and how much fun those nights would be. What a stunning couple and LOVE your flower cluster and the rosettes, just divine. A fave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Jo this is just gorgeous! I recently played with the very pretty Kaisercraft Storyteller range. You've done a stunning job with this page. I love it. I'm so glad you were able to join us in the cyber crop and have some fun. :)

    ReplyDelete