Sunday 1 June 2014

Scrap Africa Sketch #30

Welcome to another month. It's hard to believe we are half way through the year already. I just love the beginning of each month as all the new challenges are set & I've already made a start on one of my entries as well as completing my mid-month reveals for my DT commitments. I love a rainy Sunday because I don't feel guilty about staying in my scrap room all day & getting a head start on things.

I'm so very much enjoying being a Design Team member for Scrap Africa. This is the new sketch challenge:


It's not very often that I round the corners of my pics (except when I Project Life) and I tend to forget how good rounded corners can look sometimes. Of course all the sketches are open to interpretation but I always tend to follow them almost exactly, mainly because they are better than what I can ever come up with in my own head. Here is my inspo:


This layout was inspired by the very talented Stacy Cohen who does wonders with bright colours (& one of my favourite blogs). I recently saw a layout she had created for some photos from Disneyland & I've been wanting to scrap these pics for ages but was hesitant as I don't usually work with bright colours. But combined with the sketch from Scrap Africa & the matching photos I decided to use the lovely bright reds & yellows.


I decided that this page needed a hand made rosette, which I haven't made for ages, & of course I had to include some Mickey ears. The little graphic Mickey & Minnie is one that I found on the internet & I fussy cut it & added some glitter to Minnie's hair bow. I also glittered the Studio Calico wood veneer stars & randomly stamped some little hearts & arrows.


I hope you enjoyed looking today & please pop over to Scrap Africa & give this sketch a go. We'd love to see your work. I would love to hear from you, so don't be shy, please leave a comment :)

3 comments:

  1. You have done a great job with the brights Jo and so many wonderful details. Your work is always of such high quality. A very happy layout
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these bright for the Disney page Jo...they just capture they feeling of happiness that Disneyland creates....fantastic :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the bright colours of your page, which indicates to the fun and happiness of it. Many moons ago I also went to Disneyland Paris and it was a super little trip, but I do remember the weather being rather rainy and cold! But even so, a super trip! Love the rosette and the little stars....the perfect touch! ;-)

    ReplyDelete