Saturday 10 May 2014

Project Life or Pocket Page Scrapbooking

I'm back again to share my other scrapbooking style that I haven't shared on my blog before. A few years ago I realised I had more travel photos than I knew what to do with so I alternated traditional scrapbook pages with pocket pages. I found that this was the easiest way to showcase my many, many photos. However at that stage (before this style became popular) there were very few companies supplying pocket pages. I found We Are Memory Keepers were producing these pages so I purchase a variety pack & ended up with two albums that covered our European trip. But having my traditional pages included made the albums quite bulky, so it was a learning curve. There were no actual kits at that stage specifically for pocket page scrapbooking so I had to make my own 3x4 & 4x6 insert cards. Then came along Becky Higgins' Project Life Kits! Yay!

I won't scrap my travel photos any other way now that PL kits have arrived. Kaisercraft also have some lovely inserts out which I also use as well as other companies. So when my DD decided to move overseas I knew straight away that I wanted to make an album of all her adventures for when she returned. And I know she will never get around to doing an album of their travel pics. About 12 months ago (almost 6 months into their travels) I asked her to send me the photos that she would love to see in an album & I would leave the journalling spots for her to fill out upon her return. I purchased some lovely PL albums & plastic pages & also collected the insert cards etc. It took quite a while for me to catch up because they were travelling so much in the beginning. Now I'm at the point where I can do each country as they go & therefore I'll have the albums finished for them as a gift when they arrive home.

When I'm working on their travel pics, I feel like I'm there with her & seeing all the sites. I'm so very much enjoying this little journey of creativity & adding my own little embellies & my own touch. I hope they like their albums & treasure them for years to come. She has been keeping a journal as well so I've sourced some lovely plastic insert pages (12x6) to add to the albums, so that she can print out some of the pages from her journal & include them in the albums where she wants. So here is a sneak peak - can't show in full as I don't want DD to see too much of them before I'm finished - that's if she even reads my blog? If so, close your eyes now my sweet :)

 DD's partner has been taking some amazing photos on his whiz-bang camera & some of them are just crying out to be enlarged, so I've included a few enlargements within the album & this one is the first time I've actually cut one up to make them fit inside the individual pockets. I really love the effect.



Here are a few I did back at the beginning of the albums.


Thanks for calling in & checking out my "other style". Please feel free to leave a comment or, if you are interested in Pocket Page scrapbooking & would like to ask a question you can message me on FB (Jo Tritton). Have a great weekend & a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you wonderful Mums xx

3 comments:

  1. This is going to be so loved and treasured. You have put so much thought into this Jo. I can imagine you going along on the journey as you make the album for Elise. I have actually gone over to the dark side and started a PL today! Like you I think I will do my travel pics this way, as I will never get them all scrapped the traditional way. I hope you had a lovely Mothers Day, I know you would have missed your girl, but would have had a lovely day with Your hubby and Tim x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super Jo! Love all your pages! I think PL is a great way to do specific projects....I have done that with my BoBunny Misc Life as well...documenting my doggies....! I don't think that I would be able to keep up with a daily journal, but doing a documented project over some time is perfect! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful, idea Jo.....she will love it!
    Love how you have done the large pic.....it looks awesome.
    Hope your Mother's Day was special with your young man.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete