Sunday 16 March 2014

CSI #114 and Scrap Africa

I hope you are all enjoying your Sunday. I've been very lucky to be able to really get stuck into some serious creativity today. I don't often combine two challenges, but because time will be limited this week coming I thought I'd combine the new challenge at CSI: Colour, Stories, Inspiration with the current challenge at Scrap Africa.  The challenge at Scrap Africa is to use Stars and Stitching and here is this week's CSI Case File which includes a sketch from Page Drafts:


So here is what I came up with:


Now I must admit that I have used faux stitching on this page - mainly because I don't have a sewing machine and also time didn't allow for hand stitching today. I'm in love with the stitched circle stamp & I added some thread for the knots to make them look more like real stitching. The little wooden stars are from Studio Calico which I've coloured. Teresa Collins PP, Washi tape from Craft Queen and rub ons from Cherry Art. I used a Kaisercraft stamp for the numbers on the background "V".

We noticed throughout our travels that there are many references to Peter, especially Churches. I guess it's natural to have a church named after an Apostle, Simon Peter (Saint Peter). When I researched the name I came across lots of interesting people who have the same name, but I think my favourites (beside my DH) would be Peter Pan & Peter Rabbit ;)

Thanks for dropping by. Until next time...

13 comments:

  1. Clever work to combine two challenges. I love your travel pages and this one is no exception. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Africa and CSI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo this is such a fab layout. You also have such a distinctive style. I love the clean lines of this one and the colours are perfect. I also love those stamps - I have been looking everywhere for the straight line ones... :( can't find them here :( You are so right it is all in the name :D a fun layout. Thanks so much for playing along with ust at Scrap Africa :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great page. I really like your take on both these challenges. Thanks for playing along with our CSI/Archi collaboration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your clean graphic layout! Great subject matter too! Thanks so much for joining us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Kaisercraft stamp and i love how you have used it to look like PP. Awesome use of stars and stitching, TFS with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful work ! Love the colour mix. Great composition and love the stars there too. Well done and thank you so much for playing along with Scrap Africa, love Marta xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ІSo wonderfull LO!!
    Thanks for joining us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your page is gorgeous Jo! I love the papers you used and your super photo's along with the super stamping! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is gorgeous! I love your gold accents and photo placement! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an amazing take on our challenge...love the idea of giving the stamped stitching a real thread knot!!! Thank you for using a Scrap Africa sketch for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent page, loving the color combo! TFS at scrap africa!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for taking part in the Scrap Africa challenge....I love your layout - very striking!

    ReplyDelete