Saturday 4 January 2014

Scrap Around the World...

This is one of my favourite challenge sites at the moment because, besides CSI: Colour, Stories, Inspiration, Scrap Around The World really lifts me out of my comfort zone and I can spend days trying to think of how to tackle their mood boards. This week is no exception. Here is the inspo that we were given:


It has a lovely beachy feel and I looked at this for a few days and my eyes kept being drawn to the tea cups. So I've steered away from a beach theme and scrapped a page about my wonderful day with my best girl in London. I booked us into The Dorchester's "Mad Hatters Tea Party". A special fund raising high tea that they put on for only a week during the year. Everything is Alice in Wonderland themed and some talented young dancers from the London Ballet do a little performance and wander around the tables all dressed up as the characters, entertaining the children. It was so much fun, and we do like our ballet! So it was very special to combine the two. After this special event we went on to the theatre to see Mama Mia. A very special day for just the two of us. And I must say that visiting The Dorchester was an adventure in itself.


I've tried to stay as close to some of the colours in the mood board, but this photo is a bit dodgy I'm sorry. I've used texture paste, embossing folder and misting on the background. And the Kaiser Craft "Looking Glass" collection was perfect for these photos. The coloured pearls are from The Trinket Track. Note the plate full of yummies designed around the Alice in Wonderland theme. They looked almost too good to eat....almost :)


I find it hard to get just the right lighting to photograph my pages so the colours aren't exactly the same as IRL.

Anyway thanks for calling in once again. Have a fantastic weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a superb day of indulgence doing girly things. Love that circle photo; you could be sisters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout is just beautiful. Love everything about it. The cluster on the side is great. I think your texture is really nice.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing day, Jo!
    Love what you ave created Jo.....I so love those tea cups in the Mood Board, I am always drawn to the pink ones! Nice to see you using the embossing folder technique :)
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at SATW :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. how lovely design and to see and read that It's was a wonderful day .
    Thanks you for playing with us at Scrap Around The World

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh a perfect girly day! Been to the Dorchester once myself, it sure is a very special place for high tea. Love your take on the challenge, lots of lovely details. Thank you so much for joining in with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours on your page and all your pretty details. What a wonderful treat you had, a very special day ! Thank you for sharing and for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page Jo! Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Around The World!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun layout! Thanks for playing with us at SATW!! And thank you too for your kind words!!! Good to know you are enjoying the site :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful LO!! love it thanks for playing with us at SATW!!!

    ReplyDelete