Saturday 22 June 2013

CSI: #76

Hello everyone! When I saw challenge #76 over at CSI: Colour, Stories, Inspiration I subconciously steered clear of it. I did everything to avoid having a go, until I gave myself a slap and told myself that the colours shouldn't be a deterrent.....just try woman! It also didn't help that I couldn't decide on a photo or two. In case you haven't noticed, I also steer clear of masculine pages. I find them a real challenge, so I just keep procrastinating about the photos of my guys. Anyway, once I gave myself a good talking to, I decided to scrap about my guys and the challenge of all challenges to use the bright colours in this week's scheme. I must admit that the sketch did help me quite a bit.



So here is the result. The background paper is the lovely Bo Bunny Double Dot Designs. I think I've bought every colour in this range. They are so beautifully vibrant with a vintage feel. The other bits of pp are Simple Stories. I've also applied a little spray with a mask to the background. I painted the numbers and ran through the Big Shot with the Woodgrain embossing folder and I'm really happy with the effect. I've had the brads and the little arrow in my stash since cocky was an egg, so it was good to finally use them.


And the closies:


I tend to work better under pressure, so when I realised that Challenge #77 was out, I knew I had to get my skates on and finish this today so I could get started on the new one (yes.....I'm a tad addicted to CSI).

So thanks for calling in. Please leave some lovin' if you can. I would love to hear from you.

1 comment: