Ok, so here is the finished product. I think I'm okay with how it ended up. As sometime happens, there were a few things that I had to change from my original idea to make it work. A little like life really, we usually have to compromise somewhere along the line. I know I've used this photo before, but it's the only summer photo I have of the three of them together (Elise & her partner Steve, & Tim). They look so care free in this photo & it was the most perfect summer's day (actually New Year's Eve), and it has now become one of my favourite photos.
So I've covered the word Beach with Structure paste (which didn't take too long to dry) then misted it with red, aqua & brown & then I dabbed it with a "wet one" to dilute the colours & make them blend together better. I'm so happy with the outcome. I've also used the paste at the bottom of the canvas & inked it with brown ink to make it look a little like sand.
Thanks for looking & I'll be back tomorrow with my entry in this month's White with 1 challenge.xx