Wednesday 13 June 2012

Expo Hangover

Well I arrived home from the Scrapbook & Papercraft Expo in Brisbane late on Monday night and yes, I have an Expo hangover & needed a few cat naps during the day yesterday. It didn't help that both flights from Brissie were very bumpy & not fun at all. Now an event of this calibre over three days requires the stamina of Hercules! Throw in a 30 minute walk to the Convention Centre & back to my accommodation each day & you have one exhausted scrapbooker.  Having said that, it is the most inspiring and exciting place to visit, especially when your creative mojo has gone MIA of late.


I was lucky enough to attend four 2hr classes with the wonderfully talented Lynette Carroll, Jane Tregenza & Lisa Pate. I got so much out of these classes & they were lots of fun. Here are a couple of pics of two of the classes:

From this photo this page looks quite simple & straight forward, however IRL the border has been cut by hand & matted in black c/s the centre piece (with the peacock feather pattern) has also been cut separately & matted twice. This is all Graphic 45 paper and all the chipboard pieces from Imaginarium Designs (don't you just love those peacock feathers) have each been inked & sprayed with Smootch Spritz glitter. I think the little black chippie lace corners are a nice touch too. This class took me out of my comfort zone & these are colours I would not normally work with, so I was pleased with how I handle it :)


This is a sneak peek of the Wall Art designed by Lynette Carroll. The way that she presented this class was truly professional & she goes above & beyond to make sure we had everything we needed to complete this lovely project at home, including photos of each individual step. So when I have actually finished it & added my pics I'll post a photo of the completed project. Lynette actually sells the kits for all her wall art projects online, so I think I'm going to be a regular visitor to her site.

There are two other projects that I made during my time at the Expo which I'll try & post when I have completed them. So I have plenty to keep me occupied at the mo and I think my mojo decided to come home on the plane with me......yay :)  And an extra bonus over the weekend was meeting some of my cyber friends for the first time. We had a lovely meal out together on Saturday night (all 16 of us) with lots of laughs. Besides being super talented in their own right, these gals are the nicest people you could ever meet. I was so lucky to be able to catch up with them. Anyway.......
Thanks for visiting, have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow amazing work! I would of loved to of gone to the expo!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a wonderful weekend Jo.
    Love the look of your page and seek peek. :) xx

    ReplyDelete