Friday 22 June 2012

Another rainy day blog...

Hello again. It's hard to believe that Friday has rolled around again. Now that we've had the shortest day of the year, surely it must be nearly Summer.....pleeeeaaase let it be Summer again soon. So to take my mind off the gloomy day that it is here I've scrapped another of our travel pics. This is what we saw as we sailed across the border from Germany into Austria. It almost made me want to sing "the hills are alive" :) but I'm sure no one on that ship wanted me to ruin the perfect day. This beautiful church is right on the waters edge & the countryside is as green as far as the eye can see & then a perfectly blue, cloudless sky. If you click on this pic & look closely you can see another church way on the hill in the background. Europeans really love their churches!  What a perfect day we had this day & it will stick in my mind always.
I've used some left over Graphic 45 paper, Prima flowers, Kaiser camera & passport, ScrapFX suitcase & the lovely Bo Bunny Etcetera music note. The raindrops on the flowers are still a bit milky because they hadn't dried when I took the closies - whoops.



Thanks for dropping by. Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Layout Jo. Austria would have to be the most naturally beautiful place. A little secret I did break out with "The hills are alive" hehe

    Maryx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is so gorgeous! Love your choice of embellishments and how you put them together. Gorgeous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pic, taken in summer 1992. My uncle took us out on one of those little sightseeing boats. It was beautiful. Looking at this pic, I think I have one of the same Church, and more. Brings back happy family memories. Tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie, I'm glad it brought back happy memories for you of such a beautiful part of the world. Thanks for your lovely comments.

      Delete