Wednesday 16 May 2012

A winner!

Happy hump day everyone! I've just had some exciting news. My entry for the April Group 1 challenge over at http://showusyourstuff.blogspot.com.au/ was a winner for the "Try this" challenge of quilling. Here is a reminder.  Note the little quilled flower at bottom left :)

The other page I wanted to share today is my entry for the Scrapbooking Memories Magazine Competition for the Brisbane Scrapbook & Papercraft Expo, which is on in June (only a few more weeks & I'll be jetting off to Brissie for some creative learning & fun). The criteria was Black + White + one other colour + 5x7 photo. My entry wasn't successful in making the final Top 20, hence the reason why I'm sharing it here. I've used a technique that I've wanted to try for a while now - layering the background with cardstock that has been punched individually with a border punch. It kinda looks like a lace background. And I've used my fave colour at the mo - Aqua.


And a couple of closies:


It's a bit hard to tell here but the butterflies have sparkles sprayed onto them. Thanks for dropping by & enjoy the rest of your week :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your b&w+1 entry Jo...it's as Cheryl said gorgeous ...love aqua too!
    Can't wait for our girlie-crafty June long weekend
    :0)))

    ReplyDelete