Friday 23 March 2012

Another "just because"...

This week, and I really don't know how this happened given the week that I've had, but I managed to finish a layout during the week. My inspiration was the beautiful buttons & doily from Purple Pumpkin. I thought they lent themselves to some earthy tones & decided to use the photos I took of our offspring on their 21st birthdays - very hard to get nice pics of them these days :(  I've also had this lovely clock chippy in my stash for a while now & decided it was time I used it. I used a brick mask with texture paste on the background and then sprayed with glimmer mist. I made my own leaves using Stampin' Up! stamps & ink. Throw on a bit of muslin & pearl flourishes & "Bob's my father".....no, he really is!

And yes, I have just done a layout that wasn't for a challenge - highly unusual! :) Anyway thanks for dropping by, and if the mood takes you, please leave a comment :)xx

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous layout Jo, love the colours you have chosen, beautiful photo's of your two precious children. Love the clock, masking and hot air balloon. Sometimes its good to do layouts just because
    Hugs
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete