Wednesday 4 January 2012

Stuck?! January sketch challenge

Hi all on this hot, hot summers day.  Hope you are managing to keep cool. I love this weather, it finally feels like summer & now I have an excuse to stay indoors & be creative....yay!  This is my first entry into a challenge over at http://stucksketches.blogspot.com   I've followed some of their sketches previously but I've never been confident enough to actually enter the challenge. So I've turned over a new leaf this year and finally entered. I ended up flipping the sketch to be able to fit my pics on it with all the journalling that I wanted to include. I've used a combo of embellies from Purple Pumpkin and Tattered Inspirations and I love it when I get to use my Cricut for just the right lettering. And thanks to the lovely Mary Bennetts for the Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - she has great taste that gal - which matched the colour scheme perfectly. I usually lean towards the vintage colours & styles, but sometimes it's fun to use bright colours even though I struggle with them a tad.  Anyway I hope you like it & the story (if you can read it).


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Jo, loving the colours and the embellies are lovely. Love the doiley and flower peeping through . Glad you liked the mists. Happy New Year , here's to a good one
    Cheers
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very unique take on the sketch! I love it!

    ReplyDelete