Sunday 22 January 2012

Beyond the page project

I've been doing so many challenges lately that I thought I would give myself a break & do something different. It's been a while now since I've gone beyond the page. I found this cute little metal bird house in a shop while I was away on holidays & the bonus was that it has that aged/distressed look, and I thought it might be fun to decorate. So I got stuck into my Stampin' Up! stash and inked & punched to my heart was content. This is how it turned out...


It's hard to see in these photos but I added some little butterflies, which I cut with my Big Shot, and then I covered them in Crystal Effects. For some odd reason I've been adding butterflies to a lot of my projects lately so obviously I must have a butterfly fettish at the mo - they seem to add that finishing touch :)

The other fun thing I did this weekend was make a birthday card for my Dad. I love the new "The Open Sea" stamp set from the Summer Mini Catty and of course it's one of those stamp sets that lends itself to a vintage/distressed feel.

I've used Sahara Sand, Krumb Cake & Cherry Cobbler cardstock and Newsprint Designer Series Paper, Not Quite Nave & Soft Suede ink.
I hope you've had a very creative weekend and thanks for dropping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment